KEL and all business units pride themselves on a set of values, rooted in Ktunaxa principles that serve as a foundation and waypoint for day-to-day operations and decisions.
Ktunaxa Nation Stewardship Principles:
Ktunaxa Nation Stewardship Principles include the following goals and principles:
• Contribute to the betterment of future generations;
• Balance of the economic use of land with cultural and spiritual values;
• Follow natural law of taking only what is needed;
• Ensure that long-term sustainability and ecological integrity take precedence;
• Ensure access to, and protection of, traditional foods, medicines, resources, and spiritual sites;
• Maintain, protect, manage and restore healthy and diverse ecosystems; and
• Ensure land, air, and water are and will be clean and healthy.
Inspiring each other to grow and work as a team to achieve our goals efficiently and effectively. We act as role models, endorsing the practice of operating in an ethical, social and environmentally-responsible manner.
We have created an inclusive corporate culture from a foundation of Ktunaxa cultural values, with open lines of communication and a safe working environment. Lead by strong morals, we believe in doing the right thing, being accountable and having pride in our work. We are accountable to shareholders and we uphold Ktunaxa interests while executing our mandate in a transparent and professional manner.